Planning your job search
Sometimes job search could be a headache or even worse it can become in the main cause of stress for many people. Feelings such as loss, denial, fear, anger, depression, acceptance, challenge, excitement, thrill and joy are the most common between unemployed youth. A well balanced diet, exercises, enough sleeping hours, keeping in touch with supportive friends and relatives can help you to deal with stress while you are looking for a job. Everyday take some time and relax yourself.
Do you know yourself very well?
This is a very important issue because it will help you to recognize your real objectives and opportunities. In order to have a successful job search you need to organize your whole plan. Have you ever heard about SWOT analysis? This is an important assessment tool for individuals and companies. Your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are evaluated and the result is amazing because it shows things that you usually omit. You can also find some useful tools on internet, books or employment agencies web pages.
There are a lot of ways to know about how is going labor market such as News reports, chambers of commerce, professionals. You need to focus in one market and then channel all your efforts to it. If you need help you can find a lot of information on the internet especially how to make a good resume cover letter. Many resumes samples are tailored for each profession.
Some sorts of Job search methods
There are approximately 80% hidden job offers in the labor market then let's see how we can reach these uncover opportunities so far.
- Keep an updated and well written resume attached to your cover letter.
- Search continuously on newspapers' ads, internet and job boards of employment agencies.
- Keep in touch with colleagues, friends and relative they can help you in your job search.
- Don't give up. If nobody call you or even if your last interview was a disaster try changing your resume with other resume templates and prepare well yourself for your next meeting.
Effective Resumes and Cover Letters
In this section we are going to explain how to write these kinds of documents and some tips to put into practice for your interview.
Recruiters always look first at your cover letter, because this document will give them an idea what they are going to find in your resume. This document must be briefly written then don't put full information on it. Recently it is used as a marketing tool and every time is more popular in job search because increase your chances in order to get an interview.
- Describe your main experience starting from the latest; also describe your communicative and planning skills that will be required by the organization.
- Avoid grammar, orthographic mistakes in your letter.
- Improve your letter by using action verbs.
- Send your letter to the person in charge of recruitment.
It's important to read carefully job description and then tailor your resume using the keywords that appears on the description. Don't waste your time and apply for a specific position, recruiters hate losing their time with resumes that don't fulfill the requirements.
- Put your contact information as headline.
- Keep a concise resume, no more than three pages.
- Use keywords with your qualifications, experience and skills in order to attract recruiter's interest.
- Don't enclose all your diplomas and certifications to your resume. If it's necessary recruiters will ask you to bring them for the interview.
- Update your resume and tailor it for each job search.
- Reference information must be true; some recruiters usually call by phone.
- A cover letter should be attached to your resume.
- It's recommended to use resume examples to improve yours.
- Use formal language, structure your labor experiences and studies in chronological order.
- You need a professional look in your resume's photo.