A formal meeting arranged between an employer and a prospective applicant is a concise definition for an interview. It is aimed to know if the applicant indeed is the ideal person for the position. There are three modes of interview, they are: one-to-one interview, screening interview and telephone interview, certainly the most used is one-to-one mode. In case the organization can´t hire you, request them for any other referrals than can be useful for your job search.
How to deal with Interviewers
The chatty interviewer, interrogation expert and noisy interviewer are the most common types of interviewers you can find in the market place then you must be well prepared. Here we recommend you some tips to follow before, while and at the end of your interview assessment.
- Make a SWOT analysis because this will help a lot recognize what you need to improve and have a successful interview.
- Practice a role play interview with some friends asking them use different interview methods and techniques. You can also practice in front of a mirror or use a video camera for recording yourself.
- Modulate your voice, and be careful of your body language. There are some people that have nervous tics, try avoiding them at least for interview length.
- It's known that people's perception of you is based on how you look then dress conservative clothes and colors.
- Investigate if the interview is going to be in group or individual.
- Search the most interview asked questions and try to answer them.
- Find out information about the organization that shows your interest on the position.
- Arrive earlier or on time but never late.
- Greet friendly the secretary, assistant or receptionist.
- Carry some copies of your resume and references with you.
- An interview should turn out to be in a win-win situation for interviewer and applicant. A well preparation can assure you a successful interview.
- Thank to the interviewer for the interview and show your desire of belong to the company.
- There are many job agencies on the web that can assist you at this stage if you have some problems with your job search.
- Update often your resume as well as your letter resume.